Saturday, March 28, 2020

Taking One Day At A Time

Well I am sure everyone is aware of the coronavirus pandemic.. outbreak .. yes it is global and unfortunately I got it.. early on.. don't ask me how because I never go anywhere .. but here in nashville we had a tornado hit early in the morning on March 3rd.. which it all began march 2nd I was watching TV and our local channels all broke in to the primetime shows .. to say that tornado warnings had been issued to ky counties just above us but in our viewing area.. so many people were screaming bloody murder because none of the primetime shows were being shown and I honestly felt sorry for the news people trying to explain how they were doing their jobs because later in the evening storms would then be pushing through our area.. and it was their job to keep us all safe.. at around 1030 pm I went to sleep only to hear my dog going nuts with the storms passing early in the am.. I even took him out at 3 am.. still unknowing that tornados had just touched down at barely after midnight in east nashville and on a path that spanned several miles.. killing a lot of people.. and doing an enormous amount of damage.. from east to west nashville area.. in multiple counties..

my daughter called me about 5 am and told me about the tornado outbreak and literally how she didn't know if she was supposed to go to work.. we spoke and then she messaged her boss who told her to stay home until he could get an idea as to where the office stood.. she than later ended up being off a week due to damage in the area of town she works in .. and right after she returned to work.. the pandemic broke..

of course at first nobody knew how things in Tn were going to be affected.. but now we know..

at first my grandson had a small fever and stuffy nose nothing major.. or concerning other than he is an infant and of course keeping his nose clear is a concern.. I ran a humidifier on him and in less than a day I began to have a stuffy nose ..runny nose myself.. figured.. we had both caught something from my granddaughter as she was still in school at that time.. but within like a day time schools were beginning to close down.. and my daughter work had sent out the word she could work from home .. basically right when I had started to complain about a sore throat and that I felt whatever I had would eventually end up in my chest..

although I didn't run a fever persay .. or at least a high one.. I did have it advance into a lung issue lucky for me .. I have several years in healthcare and had started a medical protocol early on at the sign of my stuffy nose.. and sore throat .. taking

1000 to 1500 mg of amoxicillin three times a day
100 torsemide taken as 50 mg twice daily
robitussin DM three times a day any expectorant containing cough medicine.. expectorant is the key to this
running a humidifier right up next to me at all times.. preferably in an upright position.. you definitely don't want your lungs to fill up so lying down is definitely not good.. until you get your fluid off your lungs and they start to clear..so you can breathe easier..
tessalon pearls helps with over coughing .. which just inflames the condition.. and can cause more inflamation
pushing fluids daily drink drink drink is also the key especially while taking the torsemide or lasix which are diuretics .. and cause you to pee off fluids.. which if your not taking in fluids can cause dehydration..
Benadryl helps with nasal issues and also calms you so you can rest more peacefully
Fluconazole 300 mg daily is a bacterial .. fungal medication.. and can help if the pneumonia has any fungal aspects.. took it in 150mg pills twice daily.. I felt it couldn't hurt.. and from what I could tell it was a good combination along with the amoxicillin..

which is a lot trust me and all this on top of my normal heart meds and diabetes medications..

but I was not going to let this become pneumonia which is how most people die .. not being able to breathe..

and literally from within less than a week from the first sign of sickness I was able to breathe.. but luckily my daughter is now working from home .. granddaughter is out of school because of the virus and we are all coming to grips with the new reality of what are world is dealing with .. groceries are hard to come by .. because the stores cannot keep it stocked due to the massive hysteria the virus has caused and this is TN.. I can't imagine how hard it must be in areas where the pandemic has really hit hard.. but I know the stores are doing the best they can to keep food on the shelves.. as well as the hospitals and clinics.. to keep people well and test the everyone they can..

however I can honestly say if you can treat yourself like I did .. you can beat the virus.. you can stay ahead of it and not let it take you.. you just have to move .. sleep if you can upright.. cough run a humidifier.. do everything you can .. to keep it from getting to pneumonia..

I even ended up on the worst day taking 3 hot baths to open me up and keep me moving about .. I didn't just crawl into a ball and let my lungs fill.. and don't you..

fight .. just like any other disease or sickness fight move whatever it takes.. but stay ahead of it..

amen.. stay safe and stay away from others.. not everyone is so lucky out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments