Sunday, May 19, 2019

Taking One Day At A Time

Today is Sunday .. GOT will officially end tonight.. lol.. I feel like a nerd saying that.. but since I got sick and retired early.. well all I do is sit, take my medications and go to the doctor.. at least that is how I would describe it..

Sounds boring I know and many times it is.. but I do get to write some ..  even though my eyesight is gradually getting worse..

My son came in this weekend to see me and his niece and his sister.. which was good.. I got to spend a little time with him.. so that was good.. he gave me a hug as he left and said to let him know if I end up having another heart cath..I told him I am still thinking about it..

we will have to wait and see how this year goes.. So I just watched The Professor with Johnny Depp.. gotta say it is an extraordinary film .. and perhaps at least (for right now) one of my favorites.. In the film Johnny Depp plays an English Professor, hence he plays the starring role.. and to be it simply the film starts with him receiving the diagnosis of what is stage 4 lung cancer.. and given 6 months to live if he decides to abstain from intervention.. and only up to a year if of course he tries to fight the cancer..

Grim to say the least.. I also would have picked the 6 months after all no one wants to die trying to fight something and be sicker than a dog only to fight a losing battle.. So anyway in the film he decides to live his best life in what little time he has left.. forgive any infidelity by his wife.. at least in theory.. after all why carry that burden .. he wasn't the one to have the affair.. and try new things after all he has nothing to lose.. and now ..well now it seems futile to fight fate .. why not embrace it..

anyway to make a long story short.. I was crying like a baby literally in the last little bit of the film.. simply because he knew his time was drawing near.. and he was deciding to say his goodbyes.. great speech by the way.. and memorable to say the least.. eloquent ..

His daughter ... well that is the part that was truly heart wrenching .. for one I can't imagine or perhaps that is what struck a nerve most "I can imagine" ..  That perhaps hearing my father say at a time like that he is so proud of me.. and that "I possess everything a father could want in a daughter and more.. so much more" ..  

Or perhaps me being able to say that to all of my children at the end .. ( If of course I have that moment in which to do so )

Perhaps even the one that I so would give anything in this world to say those words to .. apologize to .. for having not been the mother she had hoped I would be.. even if just for a moment to have that time to say those words .. to all of my kids.. well that would mean so much.. after all it is what any child I think deserves to hear ..

Anyway an amazing film.. The Professor 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments