Saturday, December 8, 2018

Taking One Day At A Time

Well today is 12/8/18, and its getting closer to the anniversary of the day I rec'd the whistleblower settlement  .. I know this seems like it has been a really long year for me so many ups and downs. This time last year I had just heard of the deal being reached by the government and I was officially vindicated, at least that was pretty much the first words that my attorney said.. They had reached a deal and now I could rest assured I was vindicated and the money would be on its way as soon as they signed the papers.. I remember I almost collapsed in the conference room I had wandered into to have some privacy .. it was the end of the day and my attorney had been trying to reach me for hours but I kept my phone on silent .. Now at the end of the work day I was finding out it was all over..

Now all I had to do was breathe.. and when I first saw the papers ..(that anniversary is coming up soon)  it said 5 days.. wow.. and those words have since been immortalized in a cleverly thought of wood ornate piece I now have setting in my curio cabinet.. forever for me to see and remember that day.. That day a year ago that I found out I could put everything behind me .. all the drama I had been living and the facts I have forever etched in my brain.. The documents to which I was just notified have been returned from the government after a year from the settlement being reached  .. all the pain and agony I had been carrying for so long I would now be able to finally put behind me ..  it was over and now.. a year later.. here I sit..

It is a cold, rainy and dreary day in Nashville, TN.. some areas have had some snow flurries but not here where I live.. just cold rain..and the temps are now dropping so not really a good thing for travelers.. It is Christmas season , Birthday season for me ..

I have had some health issues this year .. but life goes on .. or so they say and I am managing and hoping for the best.. maybe 2019 will be even a better year than 2018.. One can Only Hope..!!!

The End ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments