Sunday, August 5, 2018

Taking One Day At A Time

Well it is almost time for my Sunday shows .. on ABC network.. so I didn't really do much of anything still struggling to breathe .. tried to watch a couple of movies .. B movies that is and nothing really caught my eye..

Thinking of making a My Favorite list of movies worth watching and TV series as well (don't worry I will share my lists as I make them online).. not that I am that much of an authority but I do think in some circles I could be.. after all I spent several years overseas with military and I can remember getting ready to leave and someone suggested that I tape as much of  TV as I could since overseas there wasn't that much TV in English available and I had little kids.. VCR tapes had just made an appearance and I can remember not only did I have to buy a VCR, but I quickly had to decide what to tape to take with me .. Cartoons were number 1 on the list .. than I remember I bought as many  Disney VCR tapes as I could before I had even left.

In the end though it was overseas in Germany that I essentially widened my library of movies and by the time I came back to the states I think I had over 5,000 movies.  All of which had literally become an obsession with me while stationed there, and were the first things loaded by movers to come back with me to the states. They are all gone now.. since over the years they degraded and during my most recent move to Tennessee I had to ultimately downsize.  I use to hate that I had wasted so much money on those tapes but I resigned myself that I did it for our entertainment and the kids enjoyed them so very much.

After moving back I added a little here and there, as I was a card carrying Blockbuster movie nut.. but here it is 2018 so VCR movies are considered old school and DVDs are also going out of style .. even cable TV is going out of style since most of us use multimedia alternatives such as Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu..

However I still have cable for most of my regular TV watching and of course you can always go to the movie theaters to still see flicks..

Ultimately I do think I am still a movie buff and still give reviews for the latest flicks I have watched .. even if most of my reviews fall on dead ears ... ( for instance my dog Pepper seems unimpressed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments