Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Taking One Day At A Time

Okay so it is almost 2:30 am and most nights I might be struggling to get to sleep but tonight a little less than an hour ago I was sleeping soundly when I heard a knock at my door, three or so taps .. definite knocks but not in anyway banging.. my dog went berserk and I of course jumped from my sound sleep.. heart racing ..and scared to death..

You see I live in an apartment complex and just today there was some kind of situation here and the cops swarmed the area.. I didn't see them but others told me about it ..

Anyway I always have the hall light on and usually bathroom as well.. my first thought was to look out the peephole ..(trust me my first thought was definitely not to open the door .. I know better)..

My dog was starting to quiet down but I gave it a second before I looked out the peephole ( I thought if they were seeing light inside when I tried to look out the light would be blocked for a second or two) .. in any case I didn't see anyone when I looked through the peephole

I called the police..after all I had my cell grasped firmly in my hand the minute the knock woke me up.. I knew if I called them it would make me feel more comforted especially if I knew they were in the area..  I listened after reporting the incident and waiting for the police to show up at my door..

When the police did come by they said someone else had just heard knocks on their door the next street over and when they shouted at them through the door the person said that he was locked out of his home .. the police said they would continue to drive around the area.. and warned me definitely not to open the door to anyone...
I assured them I wouldn't  ..

They said it is usually a test to see if someone is home and in many cases it can be a good thing to shout through the door .. as long as you don't open it .. but my dog was a good deterrent .. sometimes being quiet can lead to them think no one is home..

I said goodnight and thanked them and locked up .. so here I sit.. damn..I have had this happen once before I think it was last year ..and I can't remember what I did.. I know I didn't call the police..Brain foggy.. or maybe just old ..can't even remember things the way I once did..

Here is hoping I can lay back down.. Good Night  The End


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comments